El Paso Scene Upcoming Events
January February March April May July August September October November December
Return to Home Page
UTEP Men’s Basketball - The Miners’ home games are at the Don Haskins Center. Games are 7 p.m., except as listed. Call or check website for ticket prices. Information: 747-5234 or utepathletics.com.
• Thursday, Feb. 1: WKU
• Saturday, Feb. 3: Marshall
• Saturday, Feb. 10: UTSA
• Thursday, Feb. 22: Louisiana Tech
• Saturday, Feb. 24: Southern Miss
UTEP Women’s Basketball - Home games are in the Don Haskins Center. Ticket information: 747-5234 or utepathletics.com.
• Friday, Feb. 2: UAB, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 10: Louisiana Tech, 1 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 23: UTSA, 7 p.m.
NMSU Men’s Basketball — Pan American Center in Las Cruces. Games are 7 p.m. except as listed. Ticket information (575) 646-1447 or nmstatesports.com.
• 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3: UT Rio Grand Valley
• Thursday, Feb. 8: CSU Bakersfield
• Saturday, Feb. 10: Grand Canyon
• Thursday, Feb. 22: Chicago State
• Saturday, Feb. 24: UMKC
NMSU Women’s Basketball — Home games are at Pan Am Center in Las Cruces. Ticket information: (575) 646-1447 or nmstatesports.com.
• 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15: Utah Valley
• 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 18: Seattle U
• 2 p.m. Saturday, March 3: UT Rio Grande Valley.
Young People’s Concerts — The El Paso Symphony Orchestra presents its 77th season of free programs for area fifth-graders at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, Jan. 31-Feb. 2, at the Abraham Chavez Theatre. The public is invited on a space-available basis; call for availability. Information: 532-3776 or epso.org.
Tejanos baseball — The Tejanos of El Paso Community College plays home games at the Valle Verde Campus Baseball Field, off Hunter. All games are doubleheaders beginning at 11 a.m.. Admission is free. Information: 831-2275 or epcc.edu/athletics.
• Feb. 2-3: Pima Community College
• Feb. 9: Central Arizona College
‘For the Love of Art month’ — February is “For the Love of Arts Month” in Las Cruces, celebrating the city’s various performing and visual arts. The month, sponsored by ArtForms, is highlighted by several special studio tours, exhibits and performances. Information: artformsnm.org.
Spencer Theater for Performing Arts — Airport Hwy 220 in Alto, N.M. Information: (575) 336-4800 or spencertheater.com.
• “Stomp” — The explosive hit musical is 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 1. The eight-member percussion troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments – matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps. Tickets: $39-$69.
• The Ten Tenors — Australia’s most debonair musical export performs at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, with a dynamic mix of vocal power ranging from high-tone opera, to jazz, disco, modern and classic pop. Tickets: $39-$69.
El Paso Wind Symphony — The Wind Symphony performs at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, at UTEP’s Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall. Tickets: $10 ($5 students, military, seniors). Information: elpasowindsymphony.com.
Miners Hockey Club — UTEP’s hockey team hosts East Texas Baptist University 11 a.m. Friday and 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 2-3, at Hospitals of Providence Events Center, at El Paso County Coliseum, 4100 E. Paisano. Tickets: $7-$20. Information: 491-7879, firstname.lastname@example.org, or minershockey.com.
Claustrophobia - The Brazilian metal band performs at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, at Rockhouse Bar and Grill, 9828 Montana. Special guests: La Muerte, Hereafter the Wave and Soren. Admission: $10. Information: 591-7625 or on Facebook at RockHouserDiveBarKitchen.
Club Here I Love You — 115 S. Durango. Tickets on eventbrite.com. Information: 307-7736 or on Facebook.
• George Fitzgerald performs at 9 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2. Tickets: $17.95
• Volac’s Russia Style North American Tour is 10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 16. Tickets: $14.71.
• Billy Kenny’s “Milky Way Tour” is 9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24. Tickets: $17.95.
El Paso Coyotes — El Paso’s new Major Arena Soccer League team’s game are at the El Paso County Coliseum. Individual tickets: $12 general admission; $20 box seating; kids admitted free with adult. Information: 229-1416, elpasocoyotes.com or on Facebook and Twitter.
Home games:• 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3: Rio Grande Valley Barracudas
• 7:35 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9: Ontario Fury
• 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 25: Kansas City Comets.
‘A Chorus Line’ — UTEP Dinner Theatre presents the hit musical Jan. 26-Feb. 11 (check for extended dates). Show time is 7 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; non-dinner matinees are Sunday 2:30 p.m. Feb. 4 and 11; dinner matinee is 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 28. Tickets: $33.50 to $48.50 for dinner performances), $19.50 to $29.50 no-dinner matinee (Ticketmaster). Information: 747-6060 or utep.edu/udt.
‘Photograph 51’ — No Strings Theatre Company presents the story of Rosalina Franklin and DNA by Anna Ziegler Jan. 26-Feb. 11 at Black Box Theatre, 430 N. Main in Las Cruces. Performances are 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., 2:30 p.m. Sunday Feb. 3 and 10; and at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8. Tickets: $15 ($12 students and seniors over 65; $10 all seats Thursday. Reservations: (575) 523-1223.
Tejanas softball - The EPCC Tejanas’ home games are at the Valle Verde Softball Field. Admission is free. Information: 831-2275 or epcc.edu/Athletics. Softball office: 831-2367.
Regular game time is 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday. All games are doubleheaders.
• Feb. 2-3: Barton Community College
• Feb. 16-17: Colby Community College
• Feb. 23-24: Northwest Kansas Technical College
UTEP Tennis — UTEP’s home tennis matches are at El Paso Tennis Club, 2510 N. St. Vrain (in Arroyo Park). Admission is free. Information: 747-5347 or utepathletics.com.
• Friday, Feb. 2: Abilene Christian University. 2 p.m.
• Sunday, Feb. 4: Northern Arizona University. 10 a.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 10: UT Permian Basin. Noon
• Sunday, Feb. 25: Tarleton State. 10 a.m.
The UTEP team plays NMSU at 2 p.m. Saturday, April 14, in Las Cruces.
Carnage ‘Rare’ Fest — Popular DJ Carnage’s “Rare” fest returns at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, at El Paso County Coliseum. Special guests include Rae Sremmurd and Getter, as well as Lost Kings, Trill Sammy and Gommi. Tickets: $20-$50 (Ticketmaster).
Community Arts Party — The City of Socorro, N.M. will host its 23rd annual arts event featuring workshops for all ages 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, in Finley Gym, 202 McCutcheon. Local artists and organizations offer workshops on painting, tie-dye, clay, jewelry, candle dipping, beading, masks, leather work and more. Wear old clothes. Volunteers welcome. Admission is free. Information: (575) 835-5688 or nmtpas.org.
Flans — The all-Mexicana group performs their biggest hits at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at The Plaza Theatre as part of their “Así Somos” Tour. Tickets: $48-$140 (Ticketmaster)
Super Bowl Sunday Run — The Las Cruces Running Club will host the 6th annual 1-mile fun run, 5K and 5-mile race Sunday, Feb. 4, at Centennial High School, 1950 Sonoma Ranch Road. Register at lascrucesrunningclub.com. Information: email@example.com.
UTEP Department of Music — Performances are at Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall. Tickets prices vary; most performances are $5 ($3 students/military; free for UTEP faculty, students and staff).Information: 747-5606 or music.utep.edu.
• Jazz Concert is 5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 8.
• Horn Choir performance is 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10.
• UTEP Percussion and Pandemonium Steel Band performs at 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11.
• UTEP Wind Symphony is 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 13.
• UTEP Symphony performs 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27.
‘Iconic Pop’ — The UTEP Department of Theater & Dance presents its Faculty Dance concert Feb. 9-17, at UTEP’s Wise Family Theatre (2nd floor). Showtime is 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11. Tickets: $14; $12 UTEP faculty/staff, seniors, military, groups of 10 or more, Alumni with card, non-UTEP Students; $9 UTEP students and children. Information: 747-5118, theatredance.utep.edu or on Facebook.
The UTEP Dance Program presents a celebration of pop music legends and those breaking new ground in the genre, choreographed by the dance faculty. Special guest artists are Mountain Movement Company.
‘On Golden Pond’ — El Paso Playhouse, 2501 Montana, presents the Ernest Thompson drama Feb. 9-March 4. Directed by Veronica Flores. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets: $15 ($12 seniors 62+, students, military). Information: 532-1317 or elpasoplayhouse.com.
Jo Koy — The comedian brings his wild and energetic show to El Paso at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at the Plaza Theatre. Tickets: $30-$45; VIP packages available (Ticketmaster).
Valentine’s Super Love Jam — Rose Royce, Peaches and Herb, GQ, Color Me Badd, Lighter Shade of Brown, Malo, JoJo/Mary Jane Girls, The Chi-Lites, The Moments and Eddie Holmanare are featured at this year’s Love Jam at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 9, at UTEP’s Don Haskins Center. Tickets: $28 and $50 (Ticketmaster).
El Paso Rhinos - El Paso's Junior League ice hockey team’s home games are 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 4:30 p.m. Sunday at Hospitals of Providence Events Center, 4100 E. Paisano. Tickets: $5-$30. Information: 479-PUCK (7825) or elpasorhinos.com.
• Feb. 9-11: Tulsa Jr. Oilers. Paint the Ice following Sunday game.
• Feb. 23-25: Dallas Snipers.
Bettman & Halpin and Chocolate Buffet — The folk/Americana duo perform for the annual Valentine’s Day event at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Flickinger Center for Performing Arts in Alamogordo. Tickets: $10, $20 and $30. Information: (575) 437-2202 or flickingercenter.com.
Cupid’s Chase 5K — The 5K run benefiting Community Options is 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Old Mesilla Plaza, 2114 Calle de Santiago in Mesilla. Information at cupidschase.org.
Loretto Academy Nun Run — The 5K competitive run, and non competitive walk is 9 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, at Loretto Academy, 1300 Hardaway. Part of More Than A Marathon Series. Entry fee is $30. Information: 566-8400 or raceadventuresunlimited.com.
Lowbrow Palace — 111 E. Robinson. Tickets at lowbrowpalace.com.
• Black Sabbitch — The all-female Black Sabbath Tribute performs at 10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10, with arsonkill. Tickets: $10-$12.
• Mako — LA DJ duo, 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14. Tickets: $15-$20.
• Money Chicha — The Austin chicha band performs at 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21, with Dos Santos. Tickets: $10-$12.
• J.I.D. + Earthgang — The hip-hop artists perform at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22, with Chaz French and Lute. Age 16 and older admitted. Tickets: $15 (VIP $65).
Paul Anka — The legendary singer and songwriter performs at 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 12, at the Abraham Chavez Theatre. Anka wrote songs for artist like Frank Sinatra, Connie Francis and Buddy Holly in addition to his own hits like “Put Your Head on My Shoulder, “Lonely Boy,” “Puppy Love” and more. Tickets: $49-$169 (Ticketmaster).
Tricky Falls — 209 S. El Paso. Information: 351-9909, trickyfalls.com.
• Grails — The experimental rock band performs at 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15, at The Perch. Tickets: $14-$17.
• Nothing More — The metal band’s “The Stories We Tell Ourselves” Tour is 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 27, with The Contortionist and Big Story. Tickets: $17 general admission ($75 and $125 VIP packages).
Coin Show - The International Coin Club of El Paso’s 55th annual Coin Show is Feb. 16-18 at El Maida Hall, 6331 Alabama, with tables of coins, paper money, medals and tokens. Hours are 1 to 6 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Information: 241-6977, 533-6001 or on Facebook at International Coin Club of El Paso.
NMSU Men’s Baseball — The Aggies’ home games are at Presley Askew Complex, Locust and Stewart, Las Cruces. Ticket information: (575) 646-4126 or nmstatesports.com.
• Feb. 16-18: Townson. Game time is 6:05 p.m. Friday, 2:05 p.m. Saturday and 10:05 p.m. Sunday.
• Feb. 23-24: Mississippi Valley State. Game time is 4:05 p.m. Friday and 1:05 p.m. Saturday (double header).
‘The Odyssey’ — American Southwest Theatre Company presents Homer’s classic Feb. 16-25, at NMSU’s Center for the Arts. Performances are 7:30 p.m. Friday and 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets: $17. Information: (575) 646-4515 or nmsutheatre.com.
Orange and Blue Day — UTEP’s Enrollment services hosts a day for prospective UTEP students to learn about the school’s offerings Saturday, Feb. 17. Information: 747-5890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish Colonia Art Market — Spanish Colonial Art Society in Santa Fe hosts the 4th annual Las Cruces market 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17-18, at Hotel Encanto de Las Cruces, 705 S. Telshor. Admission information: (505) 982-2226 or spanishcolonial.org.
Blake Shelton — The country superstar’s“Country Music Freaks” Tour comes to Las Cruces, at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 17, at NMSU’s Pan American Center, with Brett Eldredge, Carly Pearce and special guest Trace Adkins. Tickets: $43-$92. VIP packages (starting at $179), and 3D collector tickets also offered.
Disc Golf Ice Bowl — El Paso Disc Golf Club will hold its 4th annual El Paso Ice Bowl, with tee off is 9:15 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 18, at Lionel Forti Park, 1225 Giles. All levels of players welcome. Proceeds go to El Pasoans Fighting Hunger. Entry fee: $30 at elpasoansfightinghunger.com (write “Ice Bowl” in memo box). Information: Victor Villalobos (tournament director)Vvillalobos43@gmail.com.
Springfoot El Paso Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K — The annual races are Sunday, Feb. 18. Information: elpasomarathon.org. Registration (through Feb. 17) is $110 for the Marathon, $75 for the Half Marathon; and $40 for the 5K; and 10 for a kids dash. Entry fees at the Race Expo the day before the race go up $10.
WWE Live Road to WrestleMania — The professional wrestling event returns at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Feb. 19, to UTEP’s Don Haskins Center. Tickets: $15-$100 (Ticketmaster).
Headline bout is the WWE Championship Match: WWE Champion A.J. Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevini Owens vs. Sami Zayn.
Smackdown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair, Naomi and Becky Lynch take on the Riott Squad. Various other WWE stars will be featured.
Danielle Talamantes – El Paso Pro-Musica presents the Metropolitan Opera Star 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20, at UTEP’s Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall and 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21, at NMSU’s Atkinson Recital Hall. Tickets: $25; $20 seniors, military; $5 students. Information: 747-8163 or eppm.org.
Flickinger Center for Performing Arts — 1110 New York Ave. Alamogordo. Information: (575) 437-2202 or flickingercenter.com.
• Bettman & Halpin and Chocolate Buffet — The folk/Americana duo perform for the annual Valentine’s Day event at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 10. Tickets: $10, $20 and $30. Information: (575) 437-2202 or flickingercenter.com.
• ABBA Mania — The world’s No. 1 touring ABBA tribute concert comes to Alamogordo at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15. Tickets: $19-$40.
• ‘The Great Gatsby’ — National Players present the play based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20. This fast-paced adaptation of Fitzgerald’s novel brings the Jazz Age of New York to life. Tickets: $10, $20 and $30.
Conan — The British doom metal band performs Thursday, Feb. 22, at Neon Rose, 2430 Wyoming, for their “The Ditch and The Delta” Tour. Information on Facebook.
Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino — Mescalero, N.M. Shows start at 8 p.m. Age 21 and older admitted. Tickets through Yapsody.com or Ticketmaster. Information: 1-877-277-5677 or innofthemountaingods.com.
• La original Banda El Limon — One of the oldest and most revered groups in Mexican banda performs at 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 19. Tickets: $29-$89.
• Warrant and Winger — The popular metal bands perform Saturday, Jan. 20 (Rescheduled from Aug. 4). Tickets: $35 to $65.
Josh Turner - The country star performs at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, at Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino, Mescalero, N.M. Tickets: $29-$89 *Yapsody.com or Ticketmaster). Information: 1-877-277-5677 or innofthemountaingods.com.
UTEP Softball — The Miners softball team’s home games are at UTEP’s Helen of Troy Complex. Ticket information: 747-6065 or utepathletics.com.
• 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 20: New Mexico State
• The UTEP Tournament is Feb. 23-25, with teams Portland State and Idaho State. Games times are 3:30 and 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 12:30 p.m. Sunday.
Aaron Watson — The Texas country musician performs at 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, at the Abraham Chavez Theatre. Tickets: $22-$108 (Ticketmaster).
Anime El Paso — EPCon hosts the new Anime festival Feb. 24-25, at El Paso Convention Center. Tentative guests include some of the main voice actors from the popular anime series RWBY.
Tuff Hedeman West Texas Shootout — The 12th annual Casa Ford Tuff Hedeman Championship Challenge bull riding event at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, at the El Paso County Coliseum, 4100 Paisano. Tickets: $10-$75 (Ticketmaster). Information: 534-4329 or CBRbull.com.
Copyright El Paso Scene, 2008
If you have any comments about your visit to this site, please write email@example.com